Rotation Assignment Example
(individual schedules vary depending on academic trajectory)
- 3 months Inpatient Psychiatry
- 3 months Consult / Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- 4 months Internal Medicine (1 inpatient)
- 2 months Neurology
*Plus Emergency Psychiatry experience on call
- Up to 5 months Selectives / CL Psychiatry
- Up to 7 months Inpatient Psychiatry
*Plus Emergency Psychiatry experience on call and one half day each week of outpatient psychiatry
- 12 months Outpatient Psychiatry
- 1 month Addiction
- 1 month Child and Adolescent
- 1 month Geriatric
- 1 month Forensics
- 2 month Community
- Up to 6 months of electives
*Plus one half day each week of outpatient psychiatry
Possible Electives (E1-E6): CBT, ECT/Neuromodulation, Junior Attending, State Hospital, Teaching Resident, and more!
Vacation time taken at any time throughout the year each year upon approval from supervisors and Program Director.
Call is taken only by 1st and 2nd year residents.
- Weekend call- There are two types of weekend call:
- ED call: ED resident is responsible for seeing follow up patients that were signed out by the consult team and any new consults that come during their shift. They cover both UF Health Shands and VA hospitals.
- Ward call: Ward call resident is responsible for rounding and writing notes on all the inpatients at VA. Call is considered home call.
- Weekday call- There are two types of weekday calls:
- Short call: Short call is from 4pm-8pm and the resident is responsible for seeing any new consults at UF Health Shands or VA during their shift. They sign out to night float resident at 8pm, and call is considered home call.
- Ward call: Ward call resident is responsible for covering the inpatients at VA and Brain Stimulation Unit at Shands from 5pm-8am. Residents must go in to do direct admissions and for certain medical emergencies (chest pain, falls, seizures, and seclusion/restraint), otherwise call is from home. They sign out to inpatient residents on service at 8am next morning.
- Night float- First year residents do night float from Sunday evening through Saturday morning from 8pm-8am. They cover consults from UF Health Shands Hospital and VA ED as well as any floor consults during their shift. Residents have the option of staying home or using the call room at VA or UF Health Shands Hospital.
Upper level residents do night float from Sunday evening through Friday morning from 7pm-7am. They cover UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital during this shift. Residents are required to be in house.