- Paid Holidays: 11 days
- Personal Leave: 15 days
- Sick Leave: 10 days
- Conference/Professional Leave: Up to 5 days with approval
On these holidays, the clinic is closed and the postdoc does not need to request leave:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
On these holidays, the postdoc does need to request off 45 days in advance and assure coverage of duties if needed. The holiday can be used on the specified day or within the specified window. The holiday can be used consecutively with vacation leave.
- Juneteenth (to be used between June 19th and December 31st)
- Homecoming (to be used within 30 days of UF’s scheduled homecoming celebration, which usually occurs in October).
Please follow the link to the Post-Doctoral Associates Benefits. Postdocs in the Department of Psychiatry Psychology Training programs receive all of the listed benefits, except for Time Away. For “Time Away” please see the leave listed above.
- UF Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- UF is a large and complex institution that provides diverse resources for professional and personal growth. The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) serves the postdoctoral community by orienting and connecting postdocs to resources to support their professional development and well-being, while working to enhance the visibility of postdoctoral contributions to UF’s research mission.
- UF Office for Accessibility and Gender Equity
- UF is committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workplace by welcoming the skills and talents of people with disabilities and establishing policies that provide workplace flexibility and accommodations for all employees.
- UF Employee Assistance Program
- Your UF Employee Assistance Program offers someone to talk to and resources to consult whenever and where you need them. All UF faculty, staff, graduate assistants, non-student OPS employees, house staff/residents, and postdoc associates as well as their household members are eligible to receive services.
- GatorPerks Discount Program
- The UF GatorPerks discount program provides exclusive discounts for current UF faculty and staff. UF Employees have the opportunity to save at various businesses and retailers.