Stipend & Benefits
- Personal Leave: 15 days (does not include paid holidays listed below)
- Sick Leave: 10 days
- Conference/Professional Leave: Up to 5 days with approval
Day after Thanksgiving
Clerical and Technical Support
Post-docs are provided with private offices with computers for conducting therapy as well as two testing offices designed for psychoeducational testing that are shared. The outpatient clinic also has two complete suites designed for Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), and a group therapy room which seats 10-12 and has audio-visual capabilities. There are four additional general-purpose therapy rooms that are available on a first-come, first-served basis, two of which can be observed using a one-way mirror. Perhaps unique to our clinic is a kitchen and bathroom reserved for Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) treatment sessions.
Our clinic supports post-docs in their testing services by providing them with materials for a wide variety of cognitive, emotional, academic, neuropsychological, behavioral, and personality measures across the age-range. Treatment resources include therapy manuals and other helpful books, as well as useful files shared on a commonly accessible computer drive. A variety of toys, board games, and props for treatments exposures are also available.
Post-docs are able to access clerical and technical support through the Department of Psychiatry as well. The clinic staff are available to answer phone calls and take messages from patients, as well as check patients in/out for appointments, collect payments, confirm insurance information, schedule patients and adjust patient schedules within the electronic medical record. An administrative assistant is also available to assist with scheduling common rooms, completing paperwork for scheduled leave, keeping schedules of faculty supervisors, and providing reminders regarding required departmental trainings.
Technical support is provided by the College of Medicine IT department, and is available by phone and remote access. All post-docs are provided with a desktop computer with the necessary software such as Word, Outlook, and Excel. There are also laptop computers that are available on an as needed basis that may be checked out by post-docs for use away for testing or other purposes.
- UF Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- UF is a large and complex institution that provides diverse resources for professional and personal growth. The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) serves the postdoctoral community by orienting and connecting postdocs to resources to support their professional development and well-being, while working to enhance the visibility of postdoctoral contributions to UF’s research mission.
- Postdoctoral Affairs Resource Guide