About Gary L Kanter
After completion of his psychiatric residency, Dr. Kanter established his private practice of psychiatry in Gainesville, Florida in 1984. Dr. Kanter provided outpatient psychiatric services including psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, consultation and supervision for thirty-three years.
In June 2016 he joined the University of Florida College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry with the focus on the education of the psychiatric residents and the articulation of psychotherapy and psychopharmacological skills within the outpatient clinical setting.
Distinguished Life FellowAmerican Psychiatric Association
PsychiatryAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Binge eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Suicide and suicidal behavior
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)