About Megan A Barthle-Herrera
Megan Barthle-Herrera, Ph.D. completed her doctoral degree in counseling psychology. She has completed an APA-approved predoctoral internship in clinical and health psychology and a postdoctoral fellowship in psychology.
Dr. Barthle-Herrera has professional clinical experience in university counseling centers, school settings, medical specialty clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and psychology outpatient facilities. She has experience treating individuals across the lifespan. Dr. Barthle-Herrera has extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT-E/RP) and Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). She is a certified PCIT therapist. She specializes in the treatment of Anxiety, OCD and related disorders, Perinatal Anxiety and OCD, and Disruptive Behavior Disorders in children aged 2-7.
Dr. Barthle-Herrera’s teaching experience includes undergraduate courses of Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Personality, and Eating Disorders, as well as invited lectures on OCD and related disorders.
Dr. Barthle’s research interests include treatment outcomes for CBT-E/RP and PCIT treatment interventions, as well as topics associated with OCD and related disorders.
Certified PCIT TherapistPCIT International
Certified Perinatal Mental Health ProfessionalPostpartum Support International
Certified Within Agency TrainerPCIT International
PsychologyAmerican Psychology Association
- Clinical Child / Pediatric Psychology
- Clinical and Counseling Psychology
- Adjustment disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder in children
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Phobia – simple/specific
- Psychoeducational and Neuropsychological Assessment
- Separation anxiety in children
- Social anxiety disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Exposure and Response Prevention
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Obsessive Compulsive Disorder