Basic Training in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Basic training in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is designed for clinicians new to the PCIT model. Participants are able and encouraged to start seeing PCIT cases after online training activities including didactics, modeling, role playing, and active skills practice. In order to be trained in PCIT, participants must have at least a master’s degree in a mental health/counseling field and be licensed to provide psychotherapy in their state, or receive clinical supervision from a licensed provider.
Any questions may be directed to Monica Brook at email@example.com.
Training consists of:
Number of trainees: 4-8
- Beginning the week of April 8, 2019
Training cost: $4500 per trainee
Training costs include:
- 56 hours of workshop training
- Weekly consultation for one year (required for certification)
- Session review (up to 6 sessions, 4 are required for certification)
- PCIT 2011 Treatment Protocol
- DPICS-IV Clinical Manual
- DPICS-IV Clinical Workbook
- Additional clinical materials
Participant/Contracting Agency Responsibilities:
- Appropriate PCIT treatment space
- Time for clinicians to learn and implement PCIT
- Referrals for PCIT treatment (roughly 4-6 cases in 1st year, minimum)
- Technology to complete training, including internet, webcams, email, and video recording equipment.`
We would be happy to set up a time to discuss PCIT and our training program with you if you have questions.
To register, please complete this application: 2019 PCIT Online Training Application Form