Research Faculty in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Florida are engaged in ground-breaking projects covering a variety of interests.
- Substance Abuse/Addictions
- Neuropsychiatric Research
- Behavioral Research
- Psychosocial Research
- Global Health and Disease
- Health Policy and Services
- Addiction-Psychiatry Education
We are nationally recognized for our research on the following:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Physicians & Health Professionals Substance Abuse
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Basic & Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Gene-Environment Interactions in Abnormal Repetitive Movements
The department also has a burgeoning research program in dynamic functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) and proteomics.